Friday 20 January 2012

Life, lungs and more deterioration

Well since my last blog I spent more time in hospital, day before new years eve I was rushed in blue lights with a grotty chest infection. Felt so done in and really a bit annoyed that I hadn't managed new year out. I guess I can't be greedy tho as I got the first Xmas out in 3 years. And then was my birthday on 7th January which thankfully I managed to escape for with a lot of persuasion and begging on my part. I had a wonderful day and received lovely gifts and cards from all over. I also got the cutest little kitty ( well actually my sis got one too so we have two 8 wk old bundles of fluff running around 😉 My good days didn't really last that long, I was up for a MOT (as I like to call it) LF and Anti Ige injections on 10th. The results weren't what I'd hoped. My LF is down to 17% and I'm now in severe stages of COPD and nothing else can be done. Needless to say my emotions were all over the place, and I was crying at slightest thing. This coupled with the fact I had started producing the most illumious green mucus from my chest made me see sense and see the Dr. She wasn't at all impressed and trip no 2 of the new year to resus. Resus was all bit of a blur and ITU wanted to ventilate but I knew I could manage on cpap so after being whisked round to ITU and being hooked up to cpap I eventually started to settle down, amminophyllin, ventolin, magnesium, hydrocortisone the works I eventually managed with some TLC to breathe a little. I moved to resp ward few days later and that's where I'm still at now. Just got most IVs stopped today, but got told I'm too poorly for bronchial thermal plasty. Which was something id been clutching to for a good while. I started on kenalog IM steroids today which is a add on to pred and can just give u a wee boost. I've whittled on enough so I'm sorry to have bored you stupid. So until next time. Just keep swimming! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment